心理成熟這件事情最麻煩的是
它不一定隨著年齡增長就自動發生
1.我對我人生現有樣貌負起完全的責任。
I accept full responsibility for the shape my life has taken.
2.我不需要害怕自己的真相、力量、幻想、願望、思想、性慾、夢想或幽靈。
I need never fear my own truth, powers, fantasies, wishes, thoughts, sexuality, dreams or ghosts.
3.我相信榮格所說的「黑暗和動盪總是帶來意識的擴展。」
I trust that ‘darkness and upheaval always preceded an expansions of consciousness’ (Jung)
4.我放手讓人去留並仍然安好。
I let people go away or stay and am still okay.
5.我接受我曾不被好好關注,也未必能被好好關注。
I accept that I may never feel I am receiving – or have received – all the attention I seek.
6.我承認現實沒義務如我所願,現實也不受我的願望和權利所影響。
I acknowledge that reality is not obligated to me; it remains unaffected by my wishes or rights.
7.我一個接著一個放掉對人事物的預期。
One by one, I drop every expectation of people and things.
8.我會調和別人給我、還有我給別人的界限。
I reconcile myself to the limits on others’ giving to me and on my giving to them.
9.直到我能夠慈悲看待他人我才了解他們。
Until I see another’s behavior with compassion, I have not understood it.
10.我放下所有責怪、悔恨、報復,以及想懲罰那些傷害我、拒絕我之人的幼稚慾望。
I let go of blame, regret, vengeance, and the infantile desire to punish those who hurt or reject me.
11.當改變和成長讓我害怕,我仍然選擇它們,我可能會邊行動邊害怕,但不因恐懼行動。
When change and growth scare me, I still choose them. I may act with fear, but never because of it.
12.當我停止跟隨父母或其他人為我設下的規則我仍然是安全的。
I am still safe when I cease following the rules my parents (or others) set for me.
13.我珍惜自己的正直,但不以此要求別人。
I cherish my own integrity and do not use it as a yardstick for anyone else’s behavior.
14.我可以自由擁有與欣賞任何想法,但我無權為所欲為,我尊重自由的限度並仍能自在行動。
I am free to have and entertain any thought. I do not have the right to do whatever I want. I respect the limits of freedom and still act freely.
15.我克服在新發現的當下想要逃開的衝動。
I overcome the urge to retreat on the brink of new discovery.
16.沒有人可以或者必須要拯救我,我沒有權利要求任何人、事物的關照。
No one can or needs to bail me out. I am not entitled to be taken care of by anyone or anything.
17.即便我總是希望別人感激,但我仍能付出而無所求
I give without demanding appreciation though I may always ask for it.
18.我拒絕發牢騷和抱怨,那只會讓我從直接行動分心或從無法接受的情況中退縮。
I reject whining and complaining as useless distractions from direct action on or withdrawal from unacceptable situations.
19.我放棄掌控,但也不會讓自己失控。
I let go of control without losing control.
20.我生命中的選擇與知覺都是有彈性的,不是僵化或絕對的。
Choices and perceptions in my life are flexible, not rigid or absolute.
21.如果人們認識真正的我,他們會因為我像他們而愛我。
If people knew me as I really am, they would love me for being human like them.
22.我放棄裝模作樣而讓我的言行顯露我真實樣貌
I drop poses and let my every word and deed reveal what I am really like.
23.只要我願意和它合作,改變和過渡都會更加有恩寵。
Changes and transitions are more graceful as I cooperate with them.
24.每一種人類力量都是我能感受與取用的。
Every human power is accessible to me.
25.我用自己的標準生活,同時自我寬恕,我容許自己有時失誤。
I live by personal standards and at the same time – in self-forgiveness – I make allowances for my occasional lapses.
26.我給自己在工作與關係中犯錯的空間,我不強求自己要總是對的、有能的。
I grant myself a margin of error in my work and relationships. I release myself from the pain of having to be right or competent all the time.
27.我接受「我不是永遠合格的」這種感覺是常態。
I accept that it is normal to feel that I do not always measure up.
28.我最後會適應任何來到我前面的挑戰。
I am ultimately adequate to any challenge that comes to me.
29.我的自我悅納並非自滿,因為它本身就代表了許多改變。
My self-acceptance is not complacency since in itself it represents an enormous change.
30.我因我做我所愛,且愛我所做而喜悅。
I am happy as I do what I love and love what is.
31.我全心投入周遭的環境,釋放我止不住的活力。
Wholehearted engagement with my circumstances releases my irrepressible liveliness.
32.我無條件地愛,也知道何時適合奉獻自己。
I love unconditionally set sane conditions on my self-giving.
作者簡介
大衛.里秋博士(David Richo, PhD)
資深心理治療師、教師、工作坊帶領者與作家。他以婚姻、家庭與兒童諮商見長,在他的工作中,非常強調心理及靈性的重要。
他把榮格、超個人學派的觀點巧妙融入專業實務中,亦常在作品中引用文學與詩歌,激起讀者的共鳴並從中獲得啟發。他著有多本探討心靈的作品,包括:《以愛之名,我願意》(How to Be an Adult in Relationships)、《當愛遇上恐懼》(When Love Meets Fear)、《當過去成為現在式》(When the Past Is Present)、《陰影之舞》(Shadow Dance)……等等。